Dr. Tai was born in Hong Kong in 1960. He moved to Canada in 1968 and grew up in the local Vancouver area attending Eric Hamber Secondary School.
His undergraduate studies were in Microbiology and Fine Arts. He graduated from the University of British Columbia in 1985 with a Doctorate of Dental Medicine degree.
In the community, Dr. Tai has been on the Board Of Directors of the Chinese Canadian Dental Society of BC, serving as the Vice-President and Chairman of the Programs Committee. He has been involved with community dental health programs sponsored by the College of Dental Surgeons of BC and by SUCCESS, radio talk shows, and Dental Health Month exhibits at numerous community centers. He has been on the Consulting Staff at the Holy Family Hospital and is also a member of the Academy of General Dentistry and the Vancouver and District Dental Society. His interest is in restoring patients’ smiles and confidence using the latest technology in cosmetic dentistry, crowns and bridges, and orthodontics.
Dr. Tai is married with two children and lives in the local Vancouver area. His family attends Fraserlands Church. He is a long-time member of the South Slope YMCA, and is active in karate, basketball, and watercolour painting. Dr. Tai’s artworks are on exhibit throughout the office, some of which he has created in the smiles of our patients.
Dr. Sandy Ko
Dr. Ko was raised in Vancouver and North Vancouver. Having been a member of many local organizations and attended schools locally, he feels very connected to our community and volunteers in various capacities. Dr. Ko and his wife have three children and enjoy cycling and hiking around the Lower Mainland.
With over 25 years’ experience in Vancouver, Dr. Ko has become thoroughly experienced in Group Practice and Community Dentistry.
- Eric Hamber Secondary School and Handsworth Secondary School
- University of BC, Bachelor of Science 1986
- University of BC, Doctor of Dental Medicine 1990
Dental Memberships and Volunteer Service:
- Chairperson of Program Advisory Committee of the Vancouver Dental Hygiene College 2011 to present
- Member of the B.C. Institute of Oral Implantology Study Club
- Board member of the Holy Name Healthcare Outreach Society 1991 to present. Dental-medical mission trips and fundraising for developing countries
- Member of the Greater Vancouver Study Club
- Member of Canadian Dental Association, College of Dental Surgeons of BC, BC Dental Association, Vancouver and District Dental Society
- Past director of Chinese Canadian Dental Society
- Member of founding committee of the Strathcona Community Dental Clinic
- UBC PACS Course Supervisor at Mid-Main Community Health Centre
- Volunteer dentist at the Vancouver Downtown Eastside Dental Clinic Soccer coach of Douglas Park Soccer Club, Kerrisdale Soccer Club, and Vancouver United Football Club
Dr. Gary Wong
Dr. Wong was born in Toronto and moved to Vancouver at a young age where he attended David Thompson Secondary. He continued his education at UBC where he majored in chemistry while completing his Bachelor of Science degree, and subsequently entered the Faculty of Dentistry to obtain his Doctor of Dental Medicine.
Dr. Gary Wong has been providing general dentistry in the Vancouver area for over 20 years. He focuses on providing a comfortable and positive experience for patients and prides himself on helping them feel at ease during appointments. Dr. Wong emphasizes patient education which empowers them to be proactive with their dental health and to make informed decisions. He values the long term relationships he has developed with patients during his career, which has been his most rewarding aspect of dentistry.
Outside of dentistry, he devotes his time to personal fitness, cycling and travelling.
- University of BC, Bachelor of Science, 1991
- University of BC, Doctor of Dental Medicine, 1995
- Vancouver & District Dental Society
- College of Dental Surgeons of BC
- BC Dental Association
- Canadian Dental Association